The Garage Door may not be the first item you think of dressing up when you’re putting your house up for sale, but realtors say it’s worth giving your Garage Door some attention. Las Vegas real estate agents agree that the Garage Door is the single largest moving part on a home and if it [...]
Public Safety Awareness Notice Change the manufacturer’s standard access code on your opener and remote control or invest in a newer model with “rolling-code technology” which changes the access code each time the opener is used and a 3 function wall button with lock out & light control. Lock the inside door that “enters your [...]
The Garage Door may not be the first item you think of dressing up when you’re putting your house up for sale, but realtors say it’s worth giving your Garage Door some attention. Las Vegas real estate agents agree that the Garage Door is the single largest moving part on a home and if it faces the street, it plays a large part in the overall appearance of the home. Curb appeal is a critical factor in selling a home. If a prospective buyer doesn’t like the view from the street, chances are he won’t waste time going inside.Garage Door Manufacturer Clopay Building Products and 300 realtors nationwide were surveyed to determine if garage door appearance made a difference in the listing price they would assign to a house.Nearly all of the agents interviewed agreed that a new garage door enhances curb appeal and 75 percent believes it adds value to a home. In fact, most realtors have recommended that a homeowner replace their garage door when listing their house for sale because of the condition of the door — either it was broken, in bad condition or rotted. Nearly half said appearance was a big reason because the age or style of the door detracted from the home’s curb appeal.Depending on the style of the door, and how it fit in with the architectural style of the house, realtors increased the list price anywhere from one to four percent. On a $350,000 home, that’s an increase of somewhere between $3,500 and $14,000 just because of the garage door.
GARAGE DOOR OPENERS Garage door openers come in a variety of styles and with a variety of power ratings. Consider the size of your garage door and your noise tolerance before choosing the best garage door opener for your home. Silver State Overhead Door offers every make and model available.A universal garage door remote is a device that can be programmed to work with a variety of garage door openers. They are often popular as replacement units for those who need another remote control. Often, finding original remote controls to work with specific garage door openers can be a time-consuming process.
All garage door openers work in a similar way. The automatic garage door opener is connected to a motor, which then pulls the door open or lets its down using a chain connected to the door. The door is also on a track. The remote simply gives the command to raise or lower the door.The following items should be maintained or tuned up yearly. REPLACE ALL ROLLERS TO 10 BALLBEARING POLYURETHANE, RESET TENSION ON SPRINGS, REPLACE ANY WORN AND CRACKED HINGES, RESET & ALIGN TRACKS / LUBE ALL MOVING PARTS, RESET GARAGE DOOR OPENER should be maintained or tuned up to keep your Garage Door in Perfect working order.
Public Safety Awareness Notice
- Change the manufacturer’s standard access code on your opener and remote control or invest in a newer model with “rolling-code technology” which changes the access code each time the opener is used and a 3 function wall button with lock out & light control.
- Lock the inside door that “enters your home” through the garage, whether you’re home or not.
- When leaving or returning home “look” at your surroundings to make sure there is no one outside your home that could “slip under” the garage door as it is closing.
- Make sure the garage door “closes all the way”, when leaving or returning to your home. Do not leave your garage door partially open, providing an opportunity for a thief to enter your home.
- Windows in your garage door provides a thief a way to look into your garage, to see what’s in the garage and see if you are home. A thief can also drill a small hole next to the window and watch as he runs a wire type device into the hole, pulling on the RED emergency release cord to release the trolley from the opener, allowing the thief to lift the door manually and gain access to your garage or home.
- Never leave your remote control in your car or with a parking attendant, a thief can gain access to your home by stealing the remote (don’t forget, they can find your address on your car registration).
- If you go on vacation, unplug the garage door opener, or if your opener provides it, use a lock console security switch, either will render your remotes unusable, preventing a thief from entering your home or surprising you in your home when you return.